International Day of Peace 2021 – 21 September, World Peace Day 2020 Wishes, Quotes, Status & Sayings! Today’s number one celebration in the World name is the International Day of Peace 2021! According to Special Source, World Peace Day is observed every year on September 21. It is a United Nations designated day. The theme for the International Day of Peace this year is “Shaping Peace Together.”
History of International Day of Peace:
World Peace Day 2021 – Being the country of Mahatma Gandhi, India has a huge legacy of contributing to world peace. In a world troubled with conflict, a day dedicated to peace reminds us of Mahatma Gandhi’s philosophy of Ahimsa or non-violence. International Day of Peace is observed every year on September 21.
It is a United Nations designated day, established in 1981. In 2001, the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) voted to call for “non-violence and cease-fire” on world peace day. The UN encourages countries to observe the day by adhering to “24 hours of non-violence”.
World Day Peace Quotes:
- “Without prayer, there is no inward peace…”
- “Poverty is the worst form of violence…”
- “There is no path to peace, peace is the path…”
- “If we wish to create a lasting peace we must begin with the children….”
- “Intolerance is itself a form of violence and an obstacle to the growth of a true democratic spirit…”
- “Indeed a civilian resister offers resistance only when peace becomes impossible…”
- “The one condition for fighting for peace and liberty is to acquire self-restraint…”
- “Peace will not come out of a clash of arms but out of justice lived and done by unarmed nations in the face of odds…”
- “Not to believe in the possibility of permanent peace is to disbelieve in the Godliness of human nature…”
- “An India awakened and free has a message of peace and goodwill for a groaning world…”